Friday Fun-day: Do Some Things You Used to Do

I was going crazy when I txted my friend Sandee to invite myself over and talk. She said, "Sure, come on over," so I showed up about 30 minutes later on my bike, told her everything and cried. These were all the things going wrong: a pandemic, a baby with eczema, severe food restrictions, a random case of mastitis, antibiotics that make me feel super sick, and not seeing my friends for so long. 

What she said surprised me, "You need to get out and do some things. You need to see your friends. The door is opening a little bit to be able to do these things. I'm not saying to be reckless, but you can do some of the things you did before." 

I took her advice and started seeing my friends outside. I went to the store again for the first time since my daughter was born at the end of February. 

For our anniversary, Caleb and I went to Olbrich Biergarten. We love going there. It's right on the lake, so there's a nice breeze, almost no bugs, and delicious food and beer. We sat at our own socially distanced picnic table, played cribbage and sipped our beers. It didn't feel quite normal, but it was still so good and healthy to get out of the house. 

Today's Friday Fun-day activity is for the grown ups: Olbrich Biergarten. Treat yourself to a little night out. 

Happy anniversary! 9 years of l.o.v.e.

Comments