Music Monday: The Goodness of God

The first time I heard "The Goodness of God," I had been through a difficult season after the birth of my first daughter. I connected with the line "in darkest night, you are close like no other." 

"The Goodness of God" has become my go-to song when I feel down because it reminds me to look at God's faithfulness instead of my problems. It prompts me to look back at my life and remember how God has been good to me. 


Favorite Lines

Besides the entire chorus, these are my two favorite lines that remind me of truths about God: 

"In darkest night, you are close like no other" (Ps. 139:11-12: "surely the darkness will hide me... even the darkness will not be dark to you").

The line "your goodness is running after me" (Ps. 27:13: "I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living").

And the line "I'm gonna sing" to me is bold statement that no matter what I'm going through at the moment, I can still sing and proclaim who God is. 

Comments