Baby Beluga in the Deep Blue Sea

"Swim so wild and you swim so free 
Heaven above and the sea below 
And a little while whale on the go"
--Raffi's "Baby Beluga"

Baby Beluga, the album

Baby Beluga was released before I was born, but it's become one of my favorites. It's got classics like "Oats and Beans and Barley," "Day O," and "Over in the Meadow," along with many other very fun songs. I love "Biscuits in the Oven" because it's so, so catchy, and you can change the words to be whatever you want them to be (we do that a LOT in my house because it's fun). This song also teaches children to look both ways when they cross the street. Hey, if the song says it, you've gotta do it. This song also makes me happy because of my deep and abiding love for biscuits. You know it's going to be a good day when it starts with biscuits. The only song I would nix is "Joshua Giraffe." 

"Baby Beluga," the song

"Baby Beluga" is a very catchy song with very easy-to-substitute words. "Baby Beluga" also has its own board book! And I don't know any other songs that mention belugas. Hopefully, all of this has persuaded you to listen to Raffi's "Baby Beluga." If you need one more reason, this video has over a MILLION views! And pictures of baby belugas, belugas with soccer balls, a confused-looking dog, and Raffi with the original baby beluga. 


Comments