Music Monday: Open Space, an original song, updated*

Open Space by Sarah M. White

My brother helped me record this song! And we had such fun doing it. Thank you, thank you, Jon!

I wrote "Open Space" in 2019 as an invitation from God to rest from perfectionism. I struggle with seeing flaws and how everything could be made better. It's an exhausting way to live. This song explains what God wants to give me and what I desperately want and need but sometimes don't know how to take hold of.

My favorite part is the bridge-- both melodically and lyrically.

I hope "Open Space" encourages you.


Open Space

Music, lyrics, video by Sarah M. White
Musical direction by Christina Sekutowski
Recording Engineer, mixing, mastering: Jon Mathias of Gregular (Bandcamp; Facebook)

Lyrics

Verse 1 When you wake up and all you see is wrong in yourself and all around you Come to me and I'll take you far beyond to a new land I'll show you Chorus See the open space There's peace here You can make mistakes here When you're by my side You don't have to be right You don't have to be right Verse 2 When you're weary of fixing everything In yourself and all around you Come to me and I'll set your spirit free You can see the way I do Brigde For you, I have rest, I have peace, enough for you For you, I have joy, I have life, enough for you Chorus 2 See the open space There's peace here You can be so free here When you're by my side You don't have to be right I will make you alright

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Sare. Thank you. I will share this with my #1 daughter. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful. Beautiful lyrics with beautiful voices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment