Summer Food: Easy Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

We made this pulled chicken recipe from Mealime last week, and it was so delicious! 


Instead of cooking the meat as directed, I put the chicken thighs in the slow cooker on low at the beginning of the day so that it would be less hectic around mealtime. By dinner, they were literally falling apart and shredding was a piece of cake. 

If cooking in a slow cooker, use 1/2 of the liquid and add the ketchup at the beginning. You could also add a little tomato paste instead of ketchup to give it a stronger tomato flavor. I didn't reduce the cooking liquid to make a sauce. I just added BBQ sauce that I already had on top of the sandwich. 

We will definitely be making this one again. 

The hubs approves. 

Sidenote: Mealime is my favorite and only recipe app. Read more about it in Mama Resources

Comments