Catch the Leaves at the UW Arboretum this Weekend

Catch the Leaves at UW Arboretum this Weekend

Posted by Sarah M. White 

The UW Arboretum has always been one of my favorite spots in Madison to bask in the beauty of nature, especially as the seasons change in the fall or spring. I used to go running there alone or with friends. Once, I even got lost on the trails and it became a VERY long run. 

Post-kids, I always go to the same open area that is stroller-friendly and just gorgeous. In spring, there are the lilacs and apple blossoms, and in fall, there's a blaze of color. We visited last week and the colors weren't popping yet, but right now it should be just about perfect. 

Park at the main lot and walk in by the low stone wall near the visitor's center and then just wander as long as you want. If you keep following this long, grassy area, eventually you will come to a hill with a little cultivated garden and a bench near the top. 

I have so many flower pictures, but I just can't help myself!

Around mid-October, you'll be able to find buckeyes on the ground. This is my favorite Christmas treat (the peanut butter treat, not the real nuts). 

10/15/18


I hope you give the Arboretum a try! 

Comments