Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 

Posted by Sarah M. White 

If you have babies and toddlers living in your house, there's a pretty good chance that sweet potatoes are a meal win. The baby can try a few bites, the toddler can eat cubes, and mom and dad can eat the rest. It's also really easy to pair leftover sweet potatoes with other foods. 

Last week, I was so desperate for a meal idea after work that I asked Google what we should have for dinner. The third option was this recipe that I'm sharing with you today. I had all the ingredients on hand: sweet potatoes, a can of black beans, red onion, avocado, and a bell pepper. 

I got 8 small sweet potatoes thinking that it might be nice to have leftovers and cooked all of those. The great thing about using the oven is that it doesn't take up your time. You put them in and then you leave them in for 40-60 minutes. And you can play with your kids. Or do whatever else you need to do. The bean topping came together in 10 minutes, and it was delicious. I didn't make the crema because I didn't have cashew cream (or whatever), but it was fine with salsa instead. 

To serve this meal, I added some things like tortilla chips for scooping and salsa for a little more kick. My husband added a bunch of cheese. Next time, I think I'll add a soft fried egg for a little more protein. 

Sweet potato + fiesta

Here's the link. Brought to you by Food with Feeling. They also have a recipe for sweet potatoes stuffed with chick peas that looks like it might be worth trying. 

Comments