The Best and Only Pecan Pie Recipe You Will Ever Need

The Best and Only Pecan Pie Recipe You Will Ever Need

Posted by Sarah M. White 

I hosted Thanksgiving last year, and it was a bit of a disaster. There was an incident with the sweet potato casserole that made me contemplate moving to a different house with a closed-off kitchen. It wasn't as bad as 2018 when I lit all the marshmallows ON FIRE in front of my in-laws, my husband's grandparents, and his sister. But last year when my mom said, "This is the best pecan pie I've ever had," it was like balm to my soul. A foodie herself, she would never say that unless the pie really was the best that she'd ever had. Even my grandma was impressed. 

2019's Thanksgiving Pecan Pie

So, today I'm sharing with you what has been proven to be the best pecan pie recipe (in the world???). It's very easy to make. This recipe includes a chocolate pecan pie variation, but I think it's a little sweet. Pecan pie is so rich, and adding chocolate almost pushes it over the edge for me. 

It's important to get the best pecans possible for your pie; the pecans are the star of this recipe. I like to use whole pecans instead of halves because I think the pie looks more beautiful with whole pecans. When you mix up the ingredients, the pecans will sink to the bottom, but when baking, they rise back to the top. 

There's a reason people only make pecan pie once a year, and you'll understand that reason after you read the recipe : ) But, if you just can't get enough of the pecan goodness, here's another recipe so you can use up the rest of your corn syrup. Both recipes are from Better Homes and Gardens, which is my go-to cookbook. 

Better Homes and Gardens Pecan Pie Recipe
Better Homes and Gardens Pecan Pie Bars Recipe

Comments

  1. waoooo definitivamente apuntare esta receta! gracias =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment