January Meal Plan

January Meal Plan 

Posted by Sarah M. White 

This month my mom and I are experimenting with making a monthly meal plan. It's too hard to keep doing it on a week-to-week basis. Meal planning fills me with dread. I love food, and I love to eat, and I also love to cook when I have time, but sometimes it is so hard to think of ideas of what to eat. I know that we've been making food basically every day for as long as I can remember, but it's hard to remember exactly what. 

Today, my mom and I went through my recipe binder and pulled out all of the recipes that we've been making on repeat. We printed a calendar and wrote them in. We put meals with leftovers on Mondays so that I had something to take to work. We picked easy meals on the days when I'm working. We picked one Mexican and one Italian meal per week. Next month, we can repeat this same plan, or sub out anything that we're tired of. We can also flex seasonally when winter's over. 


The weekends are blank because we hardly ever cook on the weekends. Weekends are for oven meals or leftovers or picking up burgers at our house. 

These are the meals and, for some of them, where the recipes are from: 
4- busy day vegetable beef soup (Better Homes and Gardens- BHG) 
5- tacos 
6- Chinese eggplant 
7- spaghetti
8- falafel (picked some up at Costco, but also love the BHG recipe for falafel) 
9- roasted Asian salmon with zucchini and sweet potatoes (Mealime
11- baked chicken and rice 
12- pot roast
13- gnocchi (Mealime- Gnocchi with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce) This is one of my FAVES. 
14- leftovers 
15- black bean, spinach, corn enchiladas 
18- red lentil curry soup (on blog) 
19- one pot pesto pasta (one blog) 
20- roasted veg (beets, carrots, red onion, potatoes) and chicken thighs 
21- baked potatoes with broccoli/bacon 
22- tacos 
25- chili and cornbread (BHG make it mine chili) 
26- Tapatíos (take out!) 
27- Tuscan chicken and sun-dried tomato dairy-free pasta 
28- cuban beans and sausage 
29- pancakes/breakfast for dinner 

If you want one of these recipes, let me know and I'll find the link for it! I'll use some of the others for recipe posts this month. 

Nap time is done, gtg, happy cooking! -SMW 

Comments