Oatmeal Bake with Dried Fruit

Oatmeal Bake with Dried Fruit

Posted by Sarah M. White 

Welcome to 2021! My highlight so far is the gorgeous rime ice we've been having in Wisconsin. I've never seen anything like it. 

Over Christmas and New Years, I had to make some new festive foods due to the dairy-free situation this year. I grew up having a special Christmas breakfast with company breakfast and cinnamon rolls and fruit salad. This year, Caleb and I reimagined our Christmas breakfast with an oatmeal bake and bacon. 

I liked the oatmeal bake so much that I've already made it four times! It's very simple to whip up, and you can do other things for the 20 minutes it's baking. Everyone in my family loves this oatmeal, even the baby, who this morning ate FOUR servings. 

Modifications 

The original recipe calls for dried apricots, but I'm not really a fan of those, and my baby can't eat them very easily, so I added blueberries instead. You can also add cinnamon if you like it. I make it dairy-free by using macadamia milk and Smart Balance. And I also add way less brown sugar (only two tablespoons to a single recipe) because I think it's very sweet with the non-dairy milk and all the dried fruits. 

Comments