"Peace Like a River" and others by Elizabeth Mitchell

The first time I heard "Peace Like a River" by Elizabeth Mitchell, I was hooked. I thought, "Where has this music been for the past two years???" It was such a refreshing change from all of the cheesy kids' music we have on our Google speaker all day. 

"Peace Like a River" is on her album You Are My Little Bird (2006), which is all covers. It even has a cover of "Three Little Birds!" This song is surprisingly apt for toddlers these days-- don't worry about a thing. 

Right now I'm listening to her album Tú eres mi flor, a Spanish album/collaboration with Suni Paz. Here's "Nubes Azules" from this album. It's super beautiful! "Paz Como un Río" is also on this album, but I liked "Nubes Azules" better. 

I think all parents (and maybe all people!) will find something to love in Mitchell's work. Many of her albums are available for listening on the Amazon Music App for free. That's where I'll be listening nonstop for the next month : ) 

Comments